Friday, March 5, 2010

the hunter will sin for your ivory skin...and pizza

I am at a U2 concert with my bandmate.  We start out further up in the seats, but as the concert continues, we keep getting closer and closer.  I am eventually on the ground row, along a walkway from the stage.  Oh my god, Bono is walking this way.  They are playing "Pride (In the Name of Love)".  Bono walks right in front of me.  He is beautiful.  He is a demigod.  I soak in this moment with jaw dropped.  All I have to do is reach out my arm and I could touch him.  My friend is behind me and pushing me to.  I can't.  I have no business inside his aura.  Touching him would make him real.  It's better this way.
 
After my brush with the Apollo of modern music, I am suddenly back up in the higher seats.  In addition to the performance, U2 also bought the audience pizza and macaroni and cheese.  The U2 crowd is always a great audience, so we all pass plates of food, take a slice, and keep passing.  Everyone is really friendly and is helping each other with the snacks.

"The hunter will sin for your ivory skin" ~ U2, "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"

No comments:

Post a Comment